Beacon Hospital MRI Upgrade
Homan O’Brien provided M&E consultancy services in relation to the works involved in the refurbishment of an existing MRI facility at the Beacon Hospital, Sandyford.
The new equipment includes next generation MRI, CT, Ultrasound and X-ray equipment – and gives it the most technologically advanced diagnostic imaging and scanning equipment in Ireland.
The project involved the following:
- A new dedicated chiller and pumps controls were required.
- A changeover link to the existing 3T MRI circuit to provide 100% standby back-up.
- Air conditioning is to be replaced in the MRI equipment room.
- All LV provisions.
- All controls interfaces.
- Site inspections were carried out during project and all works certified by Homan O’Brien.
- Works were carried out over a 10 week period in busy campus environment.